Contest Calender 2017
Contesting is an excellent way for new amateur radio operators or those returning to the hobby, to gain some operating experiencing without the fear finding something to talk about. In a contest, contacts between stations are very structured with exchange of callsign, signal reports and usually a serial number.
- Category: Contests and Field Days
Licence Training & Assessment 2017
Obtaining an amateur radio licence is easy with the Foundation entry level accreditation. The introduction of the new entry level foundation licence in 2006 has re ignited a high level of interest in the hobby. There is no morse code to learn, you don't need technical qualifications and there are no age limits. Anyone can start to participate in the exciting hobby of Amateur Radio by reading the Foundation License Manual and attending a weekend of training and assessment. The assessment consists of a 25 question multiple choice exam paper and a straight forward practical assessment.
The St George Amateur Radio Society (SGARS) will be holding Foundation licence courses and assessments throughout 2017. Each will be held over a weekend. The dates are;
- Category: Licence
New VK DMR Talk Groups added (Jan 2017)
Digital Mobile Radio repeaters provide access to different Talk Groups, to facilitate connection to geographical locations, both nationally and internationally. The following Talk Groups have been added to all VK DMR repeaters;
- TG9 (Time Slot 1) - Local Repeater Stand Alone
- TG9 (Time Slot 2) - Local Repeater Stand Alone
- TG133 (Time Slot 1) - DMR+ Connection USA
- TG143 (Time Slot 1) - DMR+ Connection UK
- TG153 (Time Slot 1) - DMR+ Connection South Pacific
- TG5050 (Time Slot 2) - VK Sandbox (User Defined for VK only)
- TG50521 (Time Slot 2) - Wicen VK2 Region
- TG50523 (Time Slot 2) - Guides and Scouts VK2 Region
- Category: Repeaters
2m Summer Contest 2016-2017
The St George Amateur Radio Society 2m VHF Contest has returned for the Summer season, commencing 1st December 2016 and ending 28th February 2017.
The contest is open to all SGARS members and is conducted on the 2m Amateur Radio band as defined within the relevant legislative documents.
The contest is a self‐reporting (no QSL cards required) contacts based contest.
There are Three Operating divisions are as follows:
- Analogue Voice (not limited to AM, FM, SSB)
- Digital Voice (not limited to DSTAR, P25)
- Non‐voice (digital and/or analogue including CW and any other “non‐voice” mode)
For full details you can download a copy of the contest rules click here
- Category: Activities
2017 SGARS Executive Committee
At the December meeting of The St George Amateur Radio Society Inc, members elected an executive committee for 2017, as follows;
Roland Riede VK2YAD - Committee Member
The remaining non executive roles will be filled by the committee shortly.
- Category: SGARS
Membership to SGARS
Membership is open to the St George Amateur Radio Society.
Current Membership application forms are available on line by clicking here. If you do not have someone to nominate you, please submit the form anyway and we will try and find someone.
Membership fees are $25.00 for working members, $20.00 for non working member. Joining fee of $5.00.
Membership Application Forms can be sent either by;
- in person to the Secretary at one of our regular gatherings,
- mail to PO Box 530 Engadine NSW 2233
- Category: Membership